Black Friday

One of my many "firsts" experiences here in USA is the black Friday shopping. My friend Amy and I left home at four o'clock in the morning..yes 4am to beat the crowd in WALMART. There was a long long line of people wanting to grab one of the mammoth sized plasma tv on sale. Consumerism is rooted deep into the veins of those people I am sure. They do not NEED those plasma tv but they have to have it because their friends has it and they really wanted it. I am thinking what they will do with their old tvs - maybe sell it on a garage sale next spring.
Back to my black friday shopping - I got a vaccuum cleaner (our first brand new one). We were lucky to get out of walmart early and we hit KOHLS next but the queue to the check out counter is so unimaginably long we left without buying anything. Then we stopped at JC penny's and got some tights and winter gloves for me and shirts for Shaun. At 9 am, after five hours of roaming around, we were ready to go home and sleep. There's no guilt feeling for this shopping because we got what we NEED and not what we WANT.


No comments: