Miracle in a Trash Can

This week was a hard week for me and my husband. Our household economics has gone out of balance - too many bills to pay, too little funds. I searched my wallet for money we can use in the laundry mat, but instead of dollars, I found pesos - then I remembered a heartwarming experience of God's love and care. . .

Although they had a hard time making ends meet, my parents managed to send me to a christian boarding school (South Philippine Adventist College Academy). On my part, I had to budget every peso in order to survive. One day, broke and out of monthly meal ticket, too embarrassed to tell my room mates that I ran out of meal ticket - again, too afraid to get another meal ticket as it means new fees to pay for, I went to class with an empty stomach. Silently, I prayed for a miracle as my stomach growled louder and louder I was sure the teacher heard it. My school had "work education units", meaning, on a certain day, each week, we spent few minutes of "work". I raked leaved and carried them to the trash cans when I saw a brown paper inside the bin. My heart skipped because it was not an ordinary paper - It was a ten peso bill! I told the teacher I found a bill and she put it on the lost and found. At the class period's end, nobody claimed the money so it was mine, that noon, I had a meal of steamy hot noodles. Then I went to college, and God was there with me every step of the way, He sent help in form of friends, a twenty peso bill on my doorstep, and even helped me graduate even though my college fees were not paid yet.

In life, trials and struggles are inevitable but we have a God who cares. He knows our sorrows and troubles. God helped and provided for me in the past and I know that My Heavenly Father will take care of His children who trust in Him.

All things work for our good
though sometimes we don’t see how they could.
Struggles have break our hearts in two
sometimes blinded to the truth.
Our Father knows what is best for us,
his ways are not our own.
So when your pathway grows dim
and you just don’t see him
remember your never alone.

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind.
So when you don’t understand
when you don’t see his plan
when you can’t trace his hand
trust his heart.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

It's amazing how God works in your life. I experienced a lot of trials too and God never leave me nor forsake me. He was with me all the time. Can you be my prayer partner? I want you to be my friend.

EugeneRose said...

sorry i wasnt able to reply...i havent check this blog in a long time. sure we can be prayer partners :)